How to play slot machines
Place your bet, spin the reels and wait for the symbols to stop. Get three identical symbols on the vertical row in the middle to win the jackpot
Initially slots were that simple, but nowadays they are a little more complicated than that. This page will give you all the information and get you started.
Classic slots had 3 reels and only one horizontal payline. Today’s video slots usually have 5 reels, multiple paylines, special game features and bonus games that give players more possibilities to win.
Depending on how the symbols fall when the reels stop, you may get a winning combination. Usually, you win by collecting three or more identical symbols in a row from left to right. The more paylines the slot machine has, the better the chances of winning. The more complete the paylines, the more you win. How you win, and how much, is also influenced by the variety of game features and feature symbols in most games.
Slots game features
Besides the special symbols, there are some game features that can help you win more. The game features vary from game to game and the terminology varies between game providers.
- Random wilds feature – It means that a regular big card can appear on the reels at any time during the game.
- Gamble feature – The Gamble feature allows players to double the prize they receive on a given spin. It is usually activated by having the player guess the correct color of the card on the next spin.
- Repeat Bet Feature – It allows you to respin the reels on the next spin to help you complete a winning combination. All other reels will be locked in place. There are many variations of respin and you can respin all the reels on many slots.
- Tumbling Reels – These are also known as the Avalanche feature / Cascading Reels / Dropping symbols. When a line win occurs, the winning symbols disappear, causing higher symbols on the reels to fall into their place. This creates a whole new possibility to win big without taking any extra risks.
- Multipliers – The multiplier is a feature that is often combined with the tumbling reels. The multiplier simply increases the number of times your respin wins. How many times depends on how many times you win in a row.
- Free Spins – They are usually triggered by so-called “scatter symbol” combinations, but sometimes there are other ways as well. During these rounds it is possible to get some more benefits, which usually means bigger wins than in classic games.
The Best Payout Slots in 2022
The payout rate tells you how much of your bet will be paid out as winnings. It means you can figure out how much money you will win on average. For example, if a slot game has a payout ratio of 95.20%, then the casino will pay out an average of $95.20 for every $100 wagered. This is also known as the Return to Player (RTP).
The slots below are sorted by highest payout rate:
|2||Guns N’ Roses||96.98%|
|4||Wheel of Fortune||96.6%|