The best online slot games have gorgeous designs, simple gameplay. And of course the high payouts. No wonder some of the highest paying online progressive jackpots are slots.

However, online slots are a game of chance that requires little to no skill. Therefore, it can be challenging to know the exact amount of money players need to be successful on slots. Therefore, this article carries out mathematical calculations to help come up with the perfect slot machine funds.

Game Volatility and RTP

As any experienced slot player will attest, it pays to know something about RTP and volatility. Game volatility or variance refers to how often and how much the game pays out in the best case scenario.

For example, if the slot machine is a high variance slot, the game will pay out less frequently, but for a higher amount. However, for low variance slots, the opposite is true. Therefore, use this information to determine your playing style.

Another important figure to keep in mind is RTP, which is the expected return on a slot machine, calculated as a percentage. Usually the average RTP rate for slots is 96%. In this case, if a player bets $100 on a spin wheel, their expected maximum return is $96. The other 4% is the casino edge.

The above example shows that a smart player should choose a session with low volatility and a high RTP. This will allow you to extend your money for a very long time. Note, however, that low RTP and high variance slots can pay out life-changing sums.

Minimum/Maximum Bet

Most slot machines have payout tables ranging from $0.10 to $100. In either case, if you want to spend more time on the machine, it is best to play with low stakes.

For example, a gamer playing on a slot machine with a minimum bet of $0.10 and 400 spins per hour. In this case, the average amount the player needs per hour is $40, which is a fairly low amount.

Play Speed

Do you track the speed of your games on real money online slots? If you do, that’s good news, because calculating the required average amount is now a breeze. Faster players spend more money on slots than slower players. So, keep track of your playing speed and use these figures to determine the average amount you need to use.


Last but not least, your capital determines the amount of time you spend speeding up in the casino. Therefore, consider the size of your capital and stay on the higher end of the scale if possible.

Suppose you do a thorough review of your mobile casino account to determine the average amount of money you spend on slot machines each day.

In a nutshell

Determining the exact amount that online slot players need to play each day, week or even month is a bit complicated. Of course, bonuses and promotions don’t make things any easier either. Fortunately, the tips above will help you get a rough idea of what you need to play without affecting your financial situation. But remember, these are only theoretical calculations.